CBP Business Management
The CBP Business Management training and certification program is geared towards persons interested in pursuing a career in management or improving their management skills. The course provides the essential information and skills required by professionals who have to make decisions that are important to the direction and performance of an organization or business. If a practical approach to managing in any environment is what you need, then this course is for you
Module 1: Introduction to Business Management
- What is Management?
- What’s the Role of Management?
- Styles of Management
- The Business Environment
- Laws Affecting the Business
Module 2: Business Skills for Managing
- Leadership vs. Management
- Effective Decision Making
- Business Communication
- Communication and Vision
- Strategies for Team Building
- Business Plan Development
- Time Management
Module 3: Organize and Prioritize
- How to Organize Paper and Computer Files
- How to Prioritize Tasks
- Other Forms of Organization
Module 4: Delegation without Micromanagement
- Trusting Employees
- Successfully Delegating Tasks
- Monitoring for Delegation
Module 5: Technology Management
- Technology and Management
- Computer Software
- Applications Enhance the Manager’s Capability
- Computers and Functionality
- Technological Opportunities
Module 6: Marketing Management
- What is Marketing Management?
- Why Do You Need a Marketing Strategy?
- Creating a Marketing Plan
- Marketing Measurement and Control Systems
Module 7: Operations Management
- Process Improvement
- Measures and Controls for Quality
- Types of Control Measures
- Financial Control Measures
Module 8: Financial Management
- The Importance of Budgets
- Identifying Budget Categories
- Accounting Terms You Should Know
- Determining Assets
- What is Equity?
- Reading a Financial Statement
- Double-Entry Accounting
Module 9: Human Resources Management
- Human Resource Management
- What to Look for in a Job Candidate?
- Motivating Employees to Perform Well
- When is Punishment Appropriate?
- Terminating Employees
- Ethics in Management
Module 10: Risk Management
- Types of Risk Management
- Steps of the Risk Management Process
- Risk Assessment
- Development of a Risk Management Plan
- Plan Review and Adjustment
This course requires that students meet the following prerequisites:
- The candidate must have a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
- The candidate must have completed or be in the process of completing a high school or secondary school diploma or similar educational standards.