CompTIA Linux + Powered by LPI
The CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI course, developed to cover CompTIA Powered by LPI exams LX0-103 and LX0-104, builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with the Linux operating system to present fundamental skills and concepts.
At Course Completion:
- Administer Linux.
- Identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage user and group accounts.
- Manage partitions and the Linux filesystem.
- Manage various files in Linux.
- Work with Linux permissions and ownership.
- Print files. Manage packages.
- Manage kernel services.
- Work with the Bash shell and shell scripts.
- Manage jobs and processes.
- Manage system services.
- Configure network services.
- Configure basic Internet services.
- Implement measures to secure a Linux system.
- Manage hardware associated with Linux systems.
- Troubleshoot Linux system issues.
- Install the Linux operating system.
- Configure the GUI
Module 1: Performing Basic Linux Tasks
- Identify the History and Development of Linux
- Enter Shell Commands
- Get Help Using Linux
- Start and Stop Linux
Module 2: Managing User and Group Accounts
- Create User and Group Accounts
- Configure User Profiles
- Administer User and Group Accounts
Module 3: Managing Partitions and the Linux Filesystem
- Create Partitions
- Navigate Through the Linux Filesystem
- Manage the Filesystem
- Maintain the Filesystem
Module 4: Managing Files in Linux
- Create and Edit Text Files
- Locate Files
- Search Text Using Regular Expressions
- Apply Filters to Text Streams
- Link Files
- Back Up and Restore Files
- Manage Databases Using MariaDB
Module 5: Managing Linux Permissions and Ownership
- Modify File and Directory Permissions
- Modify Default Permissions
- Modify File and Directory Ownership
- Set Special Permissions and Attributes
Module 6: Printing Files
- Configure a Local Printer
- Print Files
- Configure Remote Printing
Module 7: Managing Packages
- Manage Packages Using RPM
- Verify Packages
- Upgrade Packages
- Configure Repositories
- Manage Packages Using YUM
- Advanced Package and Application Management
Module 8: Managing Kernel Services
- Explore the Linux Kernel
- Customize Kernel Modules
- Create an initrd Image
- Manage Device Drivers and Hardware Devices
- Monitor Processes and Resources
Module 9: Working with the Bash Shell and Shell Scripts
- Perform Basic Bash Shell Operations
- Write a Bash Shell Script
- Customize the Bash Shell
- Redirect Standard Input and Output
- Use Control Statements in Shell Scripts
Module 10: Managing Jobs and Processes
- Manage Jobs and Background Processes
- Manage Processes Using the Process Table
- Delay and Detach Jobs
- Schedule Jobs
- Maintain the System Time
Module 11: Managing System Services
- Configure System Services
- Monitor System Logs
- Configure Security-Enhanced Linux (SELinux)
Module 12: Configuring Network Services
- Connect to a Network
- Configure Routes
- Configure Client Network Services
- Manage Remote Network Systems
Module 13: Configuring Basic Internet Services
- Configure Email Services
- Control Internet Services
Module 14: Securing Linux
- Implement Basic System Security
- Secure User Accounts
Module 15: Managing Hardware
- Identify Common Hardware Components and Resources
- Configure Removable Hardware
- Configure Disk Quotas
Module 16: Troubleshooting Linux Systems
- Troubleshoot System-Based Issues
- Troubleshoot Hardware Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Connection and Security Issues
Module 17: Installing Linux
- Prepare for Installation
- The Linux Boot Process
- Configure GRUB
- Install the Operating System
Module 18: Configuring the GUI
- Implement X
- Customize the Display Manager
- Enable Accessibility Settings in Linux
- It is recommended that students have CompTIA A+ and at least 6 months of Linux administration experience.